• A Photography Blog by Trinity Lee

    Cowgirl Shoot



    So, I somewhat lost my photographic inspiration and excitement. Maybe I was daunted by my new camera, or maybe I was disappointed that my pictures didn't just suddenly and drastically improve, (which, I should've known better, the pictures depend on the photographer, not the camera), and I know I was disappointed with the technical aspects of the pictures I did take. I just couldn't get them sharp. I couldn't get eyes to sparkle like other people could. The colors were drab. Even ordering a new camera accessory, a remote control, which is infintely helpful when taking self-portraits, didn't do much to stimulate my photographic desire.  


    And then I got this hat. 

    I don't generally wear hats very often, but I wear this hat every chance I get. When I put it on I feel the same way I do when I put on a pair of jeans in the fall after wearing shorts all summer: Ahhhh.... This is much better. It's like coming home. So I decided to do a photoshoot while wearing my fantastic new hat. And it turned out great!!
    I was really happy that the pictures turned out so well, so I picked out a few of my favorites and did my post processing, and used those. I sorted through all the rest to get the best ones to put up here sometime. 

    And then my computer crashed.

    It does that every few months. Or every month. It's not picky. It's not a huge problem for me usually. I can tell when the symptoms are getting bad and can usually evacuate any files I've saved since the last time it crashed. The first time it ever crashed, we sent it in to get it fixed and I didn't get it back for almost a week. The second time, I couldn't use it for a couple days. Now I can dump my stuff, wipe it, reinstall Windows and get it back up and running in about a day. Less if I don't have very much stuff on it.
    Anyway, when my computer crashed, I lost all my carefully sorted pictures. I don't have a very good system for going through my pictures and it took my a long time to process them all. I wasn't eager to go get my camera card and sort through them all again. 

    And then this friend of mine said she wanted to see them.

    Like, she really wanted to see them. She practically demanded to see them. So I promised I would work on themand post them and email her when I was done. And I spent all afternoon yesterday working on them like a good girl, and here I am posting them. 

    So, Kristan, here you go, and thanks!  (By the way, you can see her photography blog here: Give A Girl A Camera And World Get Ready!)






















    A-bbb-de-bedebedebede.... That's all, folks!




    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    About Trinity Lee ~

    My Photo
    Trinity Lee
    My name is Trinity Bristol. I am 18 years old, I live in Northern Arkansas, I am the oldest of ten children, I'm home-schooled, and my hobbies include reading, writing, anything to do with a blade, and photography. I am a born-again Christian, and I believe that Jesus Christ came down to earth and sacrificed himself for my sins in order for me to spend eternity with him in Heaven.
    View my complete profile

    My Other Blog ~