• A Photography Blog by Trinity Lee

    OPC ~ Part 3


    Busy, busy, busy recently, which is why this post is a day late. Sorry 'bout that. Anyhoo, this time is going to be opposite of the last post, more pictures than words, so here we go with part three of six. Halfway done!

    Also, you may have noticed that I have redesigned the site! This is because I was getting reports that the popout menu on the side was blocking the scroll bar, and that's just unacceptable, and there was no way to just move it. So I devoted quite a while to figuring out how to actually design a site using Blogger. I've used Easysite and Webs designers before and it still took me a while to work everything out, but the more options I find I have, the more I find I like it. Excepting HTML. I'm not quite ready to get into that yet (though I have done that before). 
    On the right you can now subscribe through email, check out some blogs I follow and really like, and peruse past posts. I've also added a "My Gear" page, but I haven't added much to that yet.

    Anyway, I finally managed to come up with a design I like.
    However, I would like your opinion on it. Is it too dark? 
    Is the light text on the dark background too hard on the eyes?


    Day 11 - Something Fun: Yes, this is makeup. But not just any kind of makeup (although I do enjoy regular makeup), this is costume makeup. Special effects makeup! Specifically, zombie makeup. I'll put a picture of what about an hour of doing makeup did to Hannah later in this post.


    Day 12 - Close-Up: A rainy day and evergreens make for really cool closeups. There's three versions on here because when I was doing my post-processing, I couldn't decide which version I like best. (A situation that will soon repeat itself.) So, which is your favorite? Answer in the comments: top, bottom, or middle. 


    Day 13 - From A Distance: The trees are starting to turn colors full force and it's absolutely gorgeous. Some of them are very vibrant reds or, in this case, yellows and they look stunning when the sun's shining on/through them. I did a bit of a longer exposure for this picture since it was really windy and I wanted to get the leaves moving around. This is also my first Challenge picture using my new Polarizing and UV filters on my lens!

    Day 14 - Flowers: Again, two pictures because I simply couldn't decide which I like better. These are actually two different pictures edited two different ways rather than the same picture edited two different ways. So again, in the comments at the bottom of the post, which do you like better, left or right? 


    Day 15 - My Shoes: And of course, the "my shoes" day was the day I wore my work boots all day long! But they are very comfortable, and they will protect your feet even if you accidentally weed-whack them. I actually wore these boots on a relief trip to Joplin a few years back, where we cut and moved trees all day. 
    I would not recommend forgetting that you're wearing them and going clothes shopping in them because they take forever to take off and put back on if you're going to be trying on pants. 

    Bonus #1 - Before and After: Heeere's the zombie makeup on Hannah! Besides just general shading, the components that really make a difference is the red right around the eyes and lining her waterline, and the veins I drew on her forehead and cheek with purple eyeliner. I was advised that it was a little bland and next time I should contrast it a little more, i.e. make the dark places darker and the light places lighter.



    Bonus #2 - I Shoot Like A Girl: Just to clarify, that goes for photography and guns.

    And once again, other blogs doing the challenge - 
    Kristan Freiburger - http://www.t3hwg.blogspot.com/ - Give A Girl A Camera And World Get Ready!
    Carrie Gloor - http://eirrac.blogspot.com/ - This is my blog :)
    Julia Chaffin - http://jctakethat.blogspot.com/ - Take That
    Note: These are now on the sidebar under "Blogs I Recommend" 

    3 comments:

    1. Ok on the flower #2 and the leaves #2 as well :) Very nice job Trinity! :) Loved them all.... but the one of Hannah was scary lol

      ReplyDelete
    2. The bottom evergreen pic; the first flower pic; the second hannah pic. ;-)

      ReplyDelete

     

    About Trinity Lee ~

    My Photo
    Trinity Lee
    My name is Trinity Bristol. I am 18 years old, I live in Northern Arkansas, I am the oldest of ten children, I'm home-schooled, and my hobbies include reading, writing, anything to do with a blade, and photography. I am a born-again Christian, and I believe that Jesus Christ came down to earth and sacrificed himself for my sins in order for me to spend eternity with him in Heaven.
    View my complete profile

    My Other Blog ~