• A Photography Blog by Trinity Lee

    I heart sweet light!!



    So my plan for the next little while is to make every other day a "photography day". I tried taking lots of pictures two or three days in row, but then I got burnt out reeeeally easy, so I'll do every other day now. After my pics at the park, and my amazing subjects, I was kind of dreading today, because I couldn't think of anything unique to take pictures of that I haven't taken pictures of before. So as I casually browsed http/www.digital-photography-school.com/ (a truly excellent site for those just starting out, intermediates, pros, etc. etc.) that morning, I saw something about taking self-portraits. 

    I immediately thought: That's it! That's what I'll take pictures of today! ME!!

    With those thoughts in mind, my excitement for the day was renewed and I eagerly headed out the door armed with a (newly recovered) gorilla pod, tripod, hairbrush, camera, and wood dowel. It was an interesting experience. I wrapped the gorilla pod around the dowel to hold it out farther from me, and got some cool shots that way. I also put the GP up in a tree, set the timer for ten seconds, kicked the stool away and grinned up at it, but those didn't work so out so well. Unfortunately many of my morning shots were out of focus (I got some lovely *bokeh. On me.), or over exposed. Only four of my morning shots made it on here. 

    However, late in the afternoon, (like 4:30pm) I finished up my math and darted outside into the sweet light! (Actually, I darted so fast, I only had one earring in. Oops.) I had heard a lot about the **magic/golden hour and I knew it was a photographers dream lighting, but I don't think I've ever played in it like this before. It was awesome!! 

    Now I wish I could literally taste sweet light. I bet it would taste delicious! Maybe when I get to heaven, I'll ask God for sweet light fruit. I doubt I'll be the only one!

    *bokeh = Blur, or the aesthetic quality of the blur. Generally used for backgrounds and things you don't want to draw attention to.
    **Magic/Golden Hour = The hour before dusk, and the hour after sunrise. The light then is golden and warm, and makes for good exposures.




    (My attitude pose)
    (My Favorite!)
    Note: All of the above pictures were taken solely by me, despite the fact that I'm in them. Praise God for camera timers!
    Also, all of these pictures were edited solely in Picasa, and mostly consisted of cropping, changing the light warmth in tuning, and warmify. 

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    About Trinity Lee ~

    My Photo
    Trinity Lee
    My name is Trinity Bristol. I am 18 years old, I live in Northern Arkansas, I am the oldest of ten children, I'm home-schooled, and my hobbies include reading, writing, anything to do with a blade, and photography. I am a born-again Christian, and I believe that Jesus Christ came down to earth and sacrificed himself for my sins in order for me to spend eternity with him in Heaven.
    View my complete profile

    My Other Blog ~