• A Photography Blog by Trinity Lee

    Oh, brother!



    Brothers are hard to take pictures of sometimes. You have to have a very fast shutter speed because they never hold still! They're constantly making silly faces, or noises, or scratching their heads, or rubbing their nose, or kicking their feet!

    And Levi is no exception. He's always making weird noises, or strange faces, or doing dances I'm sure originated with an orangatang losing his balance over a crocodile pit while being tickled. That being said, it was difficult to get a genuine smile out of him because half the time, when you told a joke, he'd fire one right back at you while rolling his eyes, sticking his tongue out, and giggling like crazy. Then I realized that that is what's genuine. That's what he really does! So, I included his silly pictures along with his sweet smiles.

    I did a lot of settings jumping around because (a) It was that dreaded 3:00pm lighting, and (b) We moved around to a lot of different lighting conditions. I tried to set my shutter faster to lower the amount of light entering the camera rather than raising the aperture. That way I still had a wide depth of field (which on second thought, might not have been what I wanted), and I would be able to snap faster for sharper pictures. For the most part I didn't mess with my ISO, just changed it from ISO100 to ISO64 once in a while, if I really needed lighting help. I also experimented using a reflector (a sheet of white posterboard), but it made Levi squint a lot. I still want to work on that, though. He found some strange joy in kicking it karate style. Repeatedly. I sort of understand, but this board had a purpose. As my reflector! 
















     







     Buh-bye!

    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    About Trinity Lee ~

    My Photo
    Trinity Lee
    My name is Trinity Bristol. I am 18 years old, I live in Northern Arkansas, I am the oldest of ten children, I'm home-schooled, and my hobbies include reading, writing, anything to do with a blade, and photography. I am a born-again Christian, and I believe that Jesus Christ came down to earth and sacrificed himself for my sins in order for me to spend eternity with him in Heaven.
    View my complete profile

    My Other Blog ~