• A Photography Blog by Trinity Lee

    Practice makes... a little bit better.



    Yesterday, I took my next two sisters down, Hannah and Sarah to Hickory Park to take pictures of them. We spent about an hour and a half in an empty park. And no wonder! It was like, 40 degrees and windy! In spite of that, and the fact that the only batteries I had (in the camera) set off the "low" indicater soon after we got there (I was truly dreading having to walk home to get batteries and then back again), we had an excellent time, got some great pictures, and I babied my batteries to last the whole time. I think they may have just been cold.

    During this photography session, I learned not to depend solely on my shutter speed to properly expose my pictures. Generally I have my f-stops (aperture) cranked all the way up, or all the way down and I still have to keep my shutter speed fairly slow so I won't have to turn my ISO up and get all grainy. But in these particular circumstances, even up to ISO 200 still looked pretty good, and I got to do some fine tuning with my f-stops, use a faster shutter speed, and thus have sharper pictures, which was difficult since I forgot my tripod. Unfortunately, I figured that out half-way through, so less than half of my pictures were really in focus. 


    This picture of me was interesting because originally I wanted Hannah to do it. But that slide was really slick, and I'm not surprised, since it's probably older than I am, but it was hard to hold your position, so someone had to hold your feet. Not only that, but the metal was cold, and Hannah's pants kept falling down! So eventually I did it (mostly to show her it could be done) and she snapped a few pics of me.



    0 comments:

    Post a Comment

     

    About Trinity Lee ~

    My Photo
    Trinity Lee
    My name is Trinity Bristol. I am 18 years old, I live in Northern Arkansas, I am the oldest of ten children, I'm home-schooled, and my hobbies include reading, writing, anything to do with a blade, and photography. I am a born-again Christian, and I believe that Jesus Christ came down to earth and sacrificed himself for my sins in order for me to spend eternity with him in Heaven.
    View my complete profile

    My Other Blog ~